March 20, 2009
I heard a definition of an expert several years ago that still has powerful meaning today: An expert is a person who applies the lessons learned from the many, many mistakes he/she has made in a particular area. In other words, through the process of trial and error, education, training, experience and more - an expert has achieved a certain level of mastery. I just love that!
The Group Mastery Experts are truly experts who have achieved mastery in focused areas of business. Each of these outstanding professionals are well-equipped to lend their expertise to support our community of learners:
- Regina Baker - Ecommerce Solutions (Shopping Cart, Online Marketing)
- Leesa Barnes - Social Media Marketing
- Kristen Beireis - Marketing Implementation
- Lou Bortone - Online Video Production (DIY Tech Talk)
- Shannon Cherry - Publicity/Media
- Carol Deckert - Netweaving
- Charly Leetham - Blog Customization (DIY Tech Talk)
- Joselin Mane - Internet Strategy (DIY Tech Talk)
- Allison Nazarian - Copywriting
- Kathie Thomas - Blogging
Via the 90 Minute Mastery Webinar program, the monthly marketing mastermind calls, DIY Tech Talks, technology sessions, blog posts, TV and special community events, the Group Mastery Experts help our group coaches learn easy, fun and profitable ways to create, market and deliver a successful group coaching program. Now, that's REAL learning!!
January 22, 2009
Make sure you have the necessary ingredients!
As the Copywriting Expert for Group Mastery, I'm dedicated to continue sharing what I have learned through 15 years in copywriting with you and, in turn, your clients. More and more, coaches and entrepreneurs are choosing, through preference or because of budget or other reasons, to write their own copy.
DIY (Do It Yourself) Copywriting will be doable, manageable and highly profitable for you if you have the right advice and expertise at your fingertips — and that is where I will come in for you! More About Me
No matter what you are writing and what product or service you are selling, certain copywriting principles will play a role in your efforts — if your product or service is to be successful.
Here, then, are your Top 3 Must-Consider-Never-Ignore Copywriting Commandments:
1. Do the work. Whether you’re writing copy for a web page, blog entry, a press release or print piece, the most important part of the writing process is completed before you write one word. Yet all too many skip this step and sometimes ignore its very existence. It is essential to prepare and gather as much information as possible about the subject for which you are creating copy, and to do so before you write a single word. Ignore this crucial step and your response/results, will tell the tale…guaranteed!
2. Be the expert. Share what you know and what you offer in a way that clearly demonstrates that your service/product/expertise is the bridge between their problem/need and a satisfying solution. Don’t be afraid to show and own your expertise. On the other hand, don’t ever try to be or show you know something that you clearly aren’t or don’t know.
3. Know thy market (and if you don’t, refer to #1 above and start all over again). Sure, there are ways to get your message out to everyone in the world, but why would you want to? Is everyone in the world your potential customer? (Even if your answer is “yes,” chances are this is not actually the case.) Take some time to define your market, what it needs, who is in it and, as importantly, who is not. Why would they buy from you and what do they need? And while you are at it, be sure to know how and where they get and digest their information.
How do you leverage these commandments to ensure copywriting success?