April 9, 2010
Online Video represents an amazing opportunity to coach, train or present using new web technologies. There are a host of exciting, easy-to-use, and no-cost options to do coaching via video. After all, video is ideal for client interaction and communication – and it provides a much stronger personal connection to your students or clients.
Aside from the better-known Instant Teleseminar and Go-to-Webinar, there are a handful of hidden jewels (many free) that you can use to take your coaching to a new level. Here are just a few of the cool web resources I use to coach and train via online video:
- DimDim.com – DimDim allows you to host and attend live meetings, webinars or demos using just a web browser – no software to download. You can share and record web pages, documents, whiteboards, audio and video. It’s free for small meetings, or $25 per month for unlimited use with larger groups.
- Yuuguu.com – This online meeting and web-conferencing software may have a funny name, but Yuuguu kicks butt when it comes to screen-sharing. Like most of these resources, there is a free version and there are paid plans with more bells and whistles.
- Ustream.tv – While Ustream is better known as a free webcasting tool, you can certainly use it to make your coaching more personal. Ustream can be especially useful for group coaching, since you can broadcast one to many.
- TinyChat.com – TinyChat gives you the ability host a live video group instantly. This free platform lets you create your own video chatroom and stream up to 12 people simultaneously. You can also use it for private, 2-way video conferencing.
- Skype.com – Let’s not forget the tried and true Skype for free video calls, when you want to see each other for a meeting or coaching session.
These resources allow me to share my screen, provide live, real-time tutorials, and teach as if my client was sitting right next to me or looking over my shoulder. It’s a great way to make the coaching relationship more personal and interactive. Give them a try!
Lou Bortone is an Online Branding Specialist who helps entrepreneurs and coaches build breakthrough brands on the Internet, so they can have more visibility, credibility and profitability. Lou’s clients get more business and make more money, because Lou assists them with innovative online branding strategies, including social media marketing and online video coaching. Lou is a former television executive who worked for E! Entertainment Television and Fox in Los Angeles. He is also an author and ghostwriter of six business books, a Certified Guerrilla Marketing Coach and a Book Yourself Solid Certified Coach. His website is at www.LouBortone.com.