July 24, 2011
In my last post I told you about the importance of having ONE very clear ideal client to focus your marketing efforts. When the light bulb turns on for the coaches I work with around this simple concept, it opens up a brand new perspective about how to attract and reach their ideal clients. I love sharing the reasons why having one ideal client is so important.
In this post, I want to give voice to how knowing your ONE ideal client intimately well helps you grow a very strong and profitable niche.
I define niche as having a clear and purposeful arena in which you serve your ideal client. Your ideal client group may expand over time but the work you do is what you really want to develop. A solid niche affords the coach the opportunity to use a comprehensive approach with your client, ultimately supporting the whole client. That's what coaching is all about!
Begin by understanding my Power of One strategy:
- Identify your one ideal client with great detail. Get to know your ideal client intimately well. Details matter!
- Clarify one core problem faced by your one ideal client. Get to the root of the problem rather than addressing symptoms caused by the problem.
- Determine the one solution to the problem offered by your coaching services.
As coaches, we know our client has more than one challenge she's facing so it doesn't end there. As your relationship with your one ideal client grows, document additional problems that surface so you can revisit them and identify solutions you're able to offer with coaching.
Imagine identifying 20, 30, 40 or 50 presenting issues from your client that match the solutions you offer (your very specific coaching services). You have a product, program or service for every problem your ideal client has. Cha-ching!!
Follow this 5-step niche-building strategy:
- Create, market and fill a group coaching program based on the core problem identified by your one ideal client. With your ideal client clarity, you will attract multiple clients to your group coaching program who are equally ideal.
- Match your coaching program to solve your ideal client's problem. Your ideal client hires you as her coach because she wants change, help, support and resolution. You're well-equipped to handle that responsibility!
- Turn your program into an information product. You're also creating passive revenue and there's nothing kewl-er than that!
- Listen to the questions your ideal client asks and pay close attention to issues not resolved by the current program. Opportunity is knocking and you get to be the one opening the door.
- Develop new programs, products and services based on each new problem. You ARE the solutions-provider after all, right?
Start back at #1 for each problem-solution combination. This process is so repeatable and tenacity is the key!
I've been where you are now and know this strategy works. I believe in it so much that I specifically train coaches on implementing this strategy in the Certified Group Coach® Program. Yes, it works that well.
Try it for the next six months and you'll be able to see your profits are way up. Now you have a really strong niche - a clear and purposeful arena in which you serve many of your ideal clients. Most importantly, you're loving the coaching business you've created filled with those ideal clients who love you and keep coming back to you for more.
December 10, 2010
When I decided to make Group Coaching Mastery Interactive TV (GCMiTV) a weekday show, little did I know it would be so challenging and absolutely, fun! I knew my passion for group coaching would serve as a driving force. I even knew my work in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) would offer real depth, transparency and honesty to the content.
I love the response to the weekday show!!
GCMiTV learners have jumped in with both feet with a few regulars joining me every single day. (THANKS Valri Hamilton and Tobi Lytle.) Viewers get to chat or share audio and video feedback. Episodes are posted and available for a few days only for those who miss the live action. The experience of connecting and interacting with Facebook viewers has re-energized me in a way that's hard to put into words. Just know that I'm humbled and excited at the same time.
The focus of our show content for this week was understanding how to market using NLP. We talked about the "WendyY" definition of NLP and why it's so helpful in client attraction, marketing and group coaching. In our conversations, we discussed the four pillars of NLP and how to use them to attract more of your ideal clients to your programs and services.
My intention for each episode is to create an interactive experience for learners to build thriving group coaching programs. Learners will drive the content focus for the weekday program via polls and feedback. I'm open to the journey and I'm delighted to know viewers and learners are, too!
Tune in to Group Coaching Mastery Interactive TV weekdays at 3 pm Eastern on Facebook at http://apps.facebook.com/groupmastery
Wendy Y. Bailey is a Master Certified Group Coach, Certified Experienced Coach and Certified Neuro-Linguistic Programming Practitioner. Affectionately called "WendyY" by her business associates, colleagues and friends, she's also the Creator and Founder of Group Coaching Mastery - Master Group Coaching with an NLP Twist. WendyY helps coaches, speakers and trainers learn to create, design, market, fill and deliver bestselling group coaching programs using Neuro-Linguistic Programming (persuasive marketing, language skills and influence strategies.)
August 5, 2010
I don't know about you but I'm TOTALLY in manifestation mode!
I'm naturally immersed in ensuring the optimal conditions exist for manifestation to occur in my life and business. I'm standing in awareness. I'm investing in my strengths and sharing my gifts. I'm leading and following simultaneously. I'm accepting life and business with an easygoing-ness that feels like a natural flow.
Although it sounds like a great place to be, my journey has been plagued with major "growth spurts" as my friend calls them. Growth spurts are amazingly painful yet wisdom-rich opportunities for growth. The discomfort of the growth spurt feels like a really bad paper cut or like you've just had major surgery. Yet, on the other side, you're much wiser and grateful for the experience of having had the growth spurt in the first place.
I also discovered that my manifestation was naturally waiting, ready and anxious to occur. The growth spurt was actually major resistance to the manifestation. What's worse is that the resistance was coming directly from me…aarrgh!
Why does manifestation summon so much resistance?
* Change challenges our belief systems. During manifestation, our internal protectors come forward to safeguard what we believe, resulting in deeply intense resistance. Think about it. All of the things we thought to be true are brought into question. Everything we've known and relied on for so long is being challenged.
* Manifestation is waiting to happen but we must prepare ourselves for it and this IS a natural part of that process. From my own experience, I'll tell you that it doesn't feel natural. Instead, it can feel downright overwhelming! Thankfully, change opens up to higher level of acceptance on the other side of the journey.
Then, we're ready to truly receive and fully experience the manifestation. Ahhh!
In Part 2, I'll share strategies on how to face the resistance with ease. That is all.
Wendy Y. Bailey is a Master Certified Group Coach, Certified Experienced Coach and Certified Neuro-Linguistic Programming Practitioner. Affectionately called "WendyY" by her business associates, colleagues and friends, she's also the Creator and Founder of Group Coaching Mastery - Master Group Coaching with an NLP Twist. WendyY helps coaches, speakers and trainers learn to create, design, market, fill and deliver bestselling group coaching programs using Neuro-Linguistic Programming (persuasive marketing, language skills and influence strategies.) More about Group Coaching Mastery programs