January 16, 2009
I first signed up for Twitter in March or April of 2008. I didn't know what it was about but I kept seeing my Facebook friends talking about Twitter so I decided to try it out. A couple of times each week I would receive an email saying someone was following me. I didn't know why they would follow me because I just didn't understand what Twitter was all about — at that time.
Fast forward to present day and I'm totally a Twitterholic!! I start my day saying hello to Tweople and connecting online and offline in between my many activities. While that's totally fun, I gotta tell you about how I used Twitter to OVERSELL my group coaching program, Group Coaching in 33 Minutes. How kewl is that?!
I've also been invited to Orlando in February to serve as a panelist at JV Alert Live. To my surprise, the invitation has wonderful perks. I love that!
Would you like to find out how I used Twitter to achieve these results? Well, you're in luck.
I'm going to share my techniques at the 2009 Social Media Telesummit, an 8 day virtual event taking place entirely over the phone from January 21-30, 2009. This content-packed event is hosted and produced by Leesa Barnes. If you don't know Leesa, she's definitely someone to watch.
Here's what you'll learn from my session:
- The top seven Twitter tools you must use to grow your list of followers
- Discover the type of tweets that work to fill your groups (and avoid the ones that don't)
- How to map out a Twitter strategy that boosts your marketing strategy
- How to use Twitter to attract all the potential clients you can handle
My session is on the "Build Traffic" track. Other presenters who will teach you how to build traffic using social media are Deborah Micek, Sherman Hu, Jeff Herring and Maria Reyes-McDavis.
Want to learn how to build traffic using social media? Register your spot for the 2009 Social Media Telesummit
There's only 247 spots available, so grab yours before they're all scooped up.
Ain't no stoppin' us now, right?! Are you joining me at the 2009 Social Media Telesummit?
January 7, 2009
Wouldn't you like to know how blogging and group coaching work hand in hand?
I read an amazing post about blogging by new media expert and well-known blogger, Chris Brogan. I've been actively blogging less than a year so I'm kinda new to blogging. The post made me think about how blogging can be leveraged as a key element of bringing your group coaching program to life. Blogging gives you a great forum for potential clients to experience your style. You also get to share glimpses into your group coaching program so people gain a sense of your knowledge and expertise. How kewl is that?!
Read this excerpt from Chris' blog post so you can learn the a few new blogging secrets too:
- An intriguing title goes a long way towards getting people to the blog. Failing that, posts with numbers seem to work. Especially weird or odd numbers. 27 is odd.
- A picture per blog post has been my trick for a while. It draws your eye, whether or not you want it to. We’re wired for it. I use Flickr Creative Commons photos to do that. (Make sure you give them adequate credit. I show that in this post, too.)
- Did you ever notice most of my posts open by asking a question? That’s a secret. When I do that, you stop and think about the question. But more importantly, it shifts your mind to the “what’s in it for me” sphere that you started reading from in the first place. Make sense?
- Break things up visually. Notice that I have an H3 tag (html speak) title repeating the top title, and that I’m using a list to give your eye some natural “chunking.” Go back and read cafe-shaped conversations for an example.
- Oh, maybe I should’ve started the post by saying that it helps if you write something useful for people. People want posts they can use to improve themselves or their business." Read the whole post
Chris goes on to say brevity rules! He always provides lots of really great content and wise advice. Every blogger has something that makes them unique in the way they approach blogging. What your biggest blogging secret and why? How are you using this secret hand in hand with your group coaching program?
January 6, 2009
My friend, Leesa Barnes, is considered a social media expert.
She's written a book, has been nominated for social media awards and continues to influence many with her ideas.
But, I have a secret to share with you…Leesa doesn't "get" social bookmarking, a social media strategy.
Here's a social media expert who doesn't quite understand how social bookmarking can boost your business.
So, Leesa has invited Maria Reyes-McDavis aka the Web Success Diva to present on this very topic at the 2009 Social Media Telesummit. Checkout all the details
Maria will share with you how to use social bookmarking to:
* How to implement a social bookmarking strategy for your blog and/or website that will save you time, effort, and headaches
* What social booking is and why you should even care
* The #1 mistake to avoid in your social bookmarking strategy that could cost you your reputation and online rankings
Maria's session is just one of the many sessions you'll hear at the 2009 Social Media Telesummit, an 8 day virtual event taking place entirely over the phone from January 21-30, 2009.
Hurry! There are only 247 seats available and once the sessions start on January 21st, the doors close.
Did you know I'm going to be at the 2009 Social Media Telesummit? That's right! I'm talking about how to fill your group coaching programs using social media. How kewl is that?! What would you like to learn about social media and why? Do tell.