March 15, 2012
A couple of days ago, I opened my calendar up for complimentary business breakthrough sessions. I love coaching and I want to support my coaching colleagues in creating thriving businesses you enjoy.
I started thinking about what makes a truly great mentor coach. As a coach, you want to know exactly what to look for when choosing the right mentor coach for you!
A great mentor coach:
- lends her expertise to elevate your coaching abilities and strengths.
- exposes you to a whole new depth of coaching transformation.
- teaches you repeatable marketing processes accompanied by effective systems, tools and resources.
- engages you in ways to create sustainable income from your coaching business.
- holds you accountable for taking massive action to grow, personally and professionally.
- allows you to be creatively inspired and uniquely compelling.
- sharpens your ability to target truly "ideal" clients AND serve them exceptionally well.
- guides you to create a buying process for your clients — one your clients navigate with ease to say "Yes!" to your programs and services.
- shows you how to consistently boost your bottom line via expanded services, programs and products.
- teaches you a powerful content development strategy that spells lasting transformation for our clients. (Your clients will adore you!!)
- shows you how repurpose your content so you showcase your expertise every time you deliver it.
…that's just for starters.
A great mentor coach challenges you to belief in yourself and charge what you truly deserve for your services.
I'd love to guide you to a breakthrough! Complimentary Business Breakthrough Sessions are available for a limited time. Apply now
August 7, 2011
If you're stuck, stalled or just starting out, marketing is at the very heart of getting things going in your coaching business. Marketing is the lifeline of any business yet it's an area that feels daunting for most business owners. Coaches in particular are challenged by doing the marketing you believe it takes to grow. You believe marketing is hard and time consuming. You believe marketing takes so much energy and you just don't have it to give, right?
What if marketing was easier, took little time, gave you energy and you loved doing it?
In order to embrace marketing with new appreciation, you must be open to changing your mindset about what marketing means to you.
You must be willing to experience marketing differently than you have before.
You must challenge yourself to behavior that facilitates the mindset change you desire.
I was browsing Facebook a few minutes ago and saw the headline on the cover of a magazine, "Put Me In the Game, Coach! I Want to Win!" Your mind has to be in the marketing game for you to win clients and more business!
Imagine you're faced with your greatest marketing challenge, like writing copy, posting social media updates or follow-up calls. I have to admit I pause when it comes to follow-up calls, too. Then, I remember three very crucial things about marketing that help me put my mind in my marketing:
- Time is a precious and valuable gift so use it wisely.
You choose how you spend and how it benefits you. You can't afford NOT to spend time marketing your coaching programs and services. Like the dentist telling a child reluctant about flossing his teeth: Only floss the ones you want to keep. Choose to invest your time in marketing to build your business.
- Marketing is a conversation.
I'm very social so whatever marketing-related action I'm taking, I shift my mind into a social mode. I love it when I do! I'm personable and professional. Most of time, clients on the receiving end are pleasantly surprised by the phone call from me. It's just not done in this day and age so I'm also standing out in the crowd by making the call. Start the conversation and keep in going.
- I am always willing, ready and able to engage in marketing activities to grow my coaching business. It's a personal intention statement of mine. I'm sharing it because it empowers and encourages me. I hope it supports you, too. Intention statements give you power to change your mind. Live your intention out loud.
Your mind is composed of elements by which you feel, perceive, think, will, and especially reason. You can change your mind and ultimately your behavior. Put your mind in your marketing and watch your marketing efforts flow. You'll see your business grow, too!
My Challenge: What are you willing to do to put your mind in your marketing?
July 24, 2011
In my last post I told you about the importance of having ONE very clear ideal client to focus your marketing efforts. When the light bulb turns on for the coaches I work with around this simple concept, it opens up a brand new perspective about how to attract and reach their ideal clients. I love sharing the reasons why having one ideal client is so important.
In this post, I want to give voice to how knowing your ONE ideal client intimately well helps you grow a very strong and profitable niche.
I define niche as having a clear and purposeful arena in which you serve your ideal client. Your ideal client group may expand over time but the work you do is what you really want to develop. A solid niche affords the coach the opportunity to use a comprehensive approach with your client, ultimately supporting the whole client. That's what coaching is all about!
Begin by understanding my Power of One strategy:
- Identify your one ideal client with great detail. Get to know your ideal client intimately well. Details matter!
- Clarify one core problem faced by your one ideal client. Get to the root of the problem rather than addressing symptoms caused by the problem.
- Determine the one solution to the problem offered by your coaching services.
As coaches, we know our client has more than one challenge she's facing so it doesn't end there. As your relationship with your one ideal client grows, document additional problems that surface so you can revisit them and identify solutions you're able to offer with coaching.
Imagine identifying 20, 30, 40 or 50 presenting issues from your client that match the solutions you offer (your very specific coaching services). You have a product, program or service for every problem your ideal client has. Cha-ching!!
Follow this 5-step niche-building strategy:
- Create, market and fill a group coaching program based on the core problem identified by your one ideal client. With your ideal client clarity, you will attract multiple clients to your group coaching program who are equally ideal.
- Match your coaching program to solve your ideal client's problem. Your ideal client hires you as her coach because she wants change, help, support and resolution. You're well-equipped to handle that responsibility!
- Turn your program into an information product. You're also creating passive revenue and there's nothing kewl-er than that!
- Listen to the questions your ideal client asks and pay close attention to issues not resolved by the current program. Opportunity is knocking and you get to be the one opening the door.
- Develop new programs, products and services based on each new problem. You ARE the solutions-provider after all, right?
Start back at #1 for each problem-solution combination. This process is so repeatable and tenacity is the key!
I've been where you are now and know this strategy works. I believe in it so much that I specifically train coaches on implementing this strategy in the Certified Group Coach® Program. Yes, it works that well.
Try it for the next six months and you'll be able to see your profits are way up. Now you have a really strong niche - a clear and purposeful arena in which you serve many of your ideal clients. Most importantly, you're loving the coaching business you've created filled with those ideal clients who love you and keep coming back to you for more.