December 23, 2009
10 Tips to Make Group Coaching Count in 2010
Incredible!! I've been leading live and virtual groups for almost 30 years! (I can't believe I said that though I admit it is an absolute fact.)
Coaching groups is a very fulfilling experience and can be lucrative when you understand how to leverage your time and talent effectively.
Here are few tips to help your group coaching count in 2010:
- Use $5 words and understandable language to ensure your learners understand. Avoid the complicated coaching jargon. Even your clients who are coaches want simplicity and clarity.
- Master the irresistible closing offer to create lifelong client relationships. Think about the conversation you want to have with your clients that builds rapport and invites the client to do business with you. It's a whole other marketing lingo and easy when you know how.
- Nothing is personal! Understanding the truth of this point is the quickest way to ensuring you promote a spirit of caring and fairness every member of your group coaching program.
- Be the leader you want to see in your learners. Your job is to model a great learner, leader and guide. What kind of group coach do you say you are?
- Coach learners in your groups based on your passions. Anything else is artificial. That is all.
- A powerful question transcends traditional boundaries and expands the minds of your learners. Ask the open-ended question that challenges your learner to amazing answers.
- Begin your group coaching program with the info product in mind. It makes it easier for you to create an information product that rocks!
- Showcase the best of your content to transform your learners. Remember, group coaching is highly interactive. Think QUALITY vs. QUANTITY!
- Leverage the amazing power of social media to attract the right client to your group coaching program. I have lots of favorite social media sites. Why? Very simply, social media works!!
- Execution is simple when you understand it's simply a way to organize and create structure. KEWLIO, right?!
Get your group coaching in gear in the new year with these simple tips. I'd love for you to share your thoughts and tips that work for you.
Wendy Y. Bailey is a Master Certified Group Coach, Certified Experienced Coach and Certified Neuro-Linguistic Programming Practictioner. Affectionately called "WendyY" by her business associates, colleagues and friends, she's also the Creator and Founder of Group Coaching Mastery - Master Group Coaching with an NLP Twist. WendyY helps coaches, speakers and trainers learn to create, design, market, fill and deliver bestselling group coaching programs using Neuro-Linguistic Programming (persuasive marketing, language skills and influence strategies.) More about Group Coaching Mastery programs