August 22, 2008
Powerfully Persuasive Marketing Pumps Profits
Persuasive marketing involves emotions. Very simply, every word you speak or write has to touch deeply, genuinely inspire and intentionally motivate your audience to act. Ok, so maybe that's not so simple. :) I thought stirring emotions was pretty easy the first time I heard about persuasive marketing. I quickly learned the real value for business growth as well as for boosting profits.
Truly persuasive marketing requires a clear understanding of your audience as well as their emotional state. Know what emotions you want to stir and how you want to stir them. Organize your speech strategically and choose your words very carefully.
I've mastered the art of persuasive marketing by asking a few simple questions:
- Who is my audience?
- How does my audience feel?
- What emotions do I want my audience to feel?
- How do I want my audience to feel these emotions?
- Where (in their bodies) do I want my audience to feel these emotions?
- What words elicit the emotions I want my audience to feel?
Persuasive marketing is one element of your marketing efforts that ultimately guarantees big profits and phenomenal growth.